“River Ward needs someone who listens, cares, and responds. Riley Brockington is that someone. As a community activist for over 20 years I have found that Riley stands out as one of the most exceptional and successful councillors we have ever had.
Riley has earned our community’s trust and we need him for four more years.”
Norman Payne, President
Ridgemont Community Association
Riley Brockington - Dedicated Community Leader
- Current City Councillor (2014-2018)
- City of Ottawa representative on the Board of the Association of Municipalities of Ontario
- Chair, Mayor’s Summit on Education and the Economy
- Vice-Chair, Community and Protective Services Committee
- School Board Trustee, River Ward (2003-2010)
- Past Vice-President, Ontario Public School Boards Association
- Past President, Riverside Park Community and Recreation Association
- Past President, Hunt Club-Riverside Park Recreation Association
- Past National Vice President, Canadian Association of Professional Employees
- Member of St. Andrews Church
- Former member, Governor General’s Foot Guard Regiment (1998)
- Life-long resident of River Ward
- Proud father of two amazing girls
«Riley est un conseiller engagé à l'écoute des citoyens de sa circonscription, il prend le temps d'écouter et assure un suivi. Riley s'implique dans sa communauté que ce soit auprès des organisations de quartiers ou en cas de désastre, il est toujours présent et apporte son aide et son support.
Riley a participé à la mise en place de plusieurs groupes de surveillance de quartier qui contribuent à augmenter la sécurité des résidents. Enfin, Riley est un conseiller exemplaire qui a fait et continuera à faire une différence positive dans la vie des gens de notre communauté et de la ville d'Ottawa.»
Sonia Viau, Resident of Ridgemont
Riley Brockington is a kind and thoughtful person who is generous and available to the people in his ward. Riley has helped our family so much by dedicating a bench and a tree in memory of Kenny Dagenais, who died crossing the Airport Parkway. He approached us and listened to our needs with more sympathy and heart than I would have expected from any Councillor.
My family and I will forever support Riley Brockington; a great man, a great father and a great leader.”
Brandy Dagenais, resident of Riverside Park